Visitor Counter

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Waking up storage

I know it sound stupid to wake up thinking about a storage unit.  But ever since I started this blog I can't stop thinking about how having a storage unit has been such a part of my life.  So from where I left off yesturday I was moved out of my apartment and into my now sister's house.  I settled into my now sister's house well enough.  But having a storage unit soon became to be an advantage.  I had a place I could put my stuff I wasn't quite sure if I was still gonna use.  Then when I decided to use that thing, I could go right to storage and get it.  Some of my clothes fell into this category. Particularly my Lakers jersey that sat in my closet in my apartment, went to storage & found a  now second life at my sister's place.  This of course was during the Lakers repeat championship run & anything Lakers was cool again.  It's funny that now that the Lakers are now not champs those same jerseys have made their way back into the closet.  But that is a story for another time.  
Another reason I found my storage unit to be useful is because I could throw away excess trash from the house in the trash bin at the storage place.  Don't tell me we all haven't done that? We fill our household trash can for the week and have no where to throw stuff away. Well my storage unit has a easy enough access to a trash bin.  Of course I learned the trick not to throw away too much to bring attention to myself.
So life living with my sis was great but then I started to realize that mom would have wanted me to move on with my life.  I couldn't put my dreams of having a place of my own, sharing my life with a special woman and having a successful working career on hold forever.  I soon began to see my storage unit and said to myself " I have to let go of some of these reminders of the past".  I have to begin to throw away the excess and the unusable memories of mom.  So there is where I will leave off for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment