Visitor Counter

Friday, June 17, 2011

Holding On-Day One

Today I start my blog on keeping a storage unit.  One may ask "Why in the world does one care so much about a damn storage unit?"  Well I have to think habout why I got it in the first place.  I had an apartment, paid off car and full time job.  Life was great until the day mom died.  That day life as I knew it ended along with mom's death.  I give myself credit, I didn't fall to pieces.  I kept alot of my hurt and pain to and did what I had to do to support the family.  Mom's wishes were to leave her house to my sister. But I knew my sister couldn't handle such a burden right away.  So I gave up my apartment and moved in with my sister.  I even moved her out of her storage unit she had for her stuff.  That makes me think how funny how our houses can become virtual storage units of stuff.  My sister had all kinds of wanted and unwanted things from beds to cookware.  Now she had a whole house to find a place for that same stuff that was previously crammed into a 8 X 10 storage unit.  My life that was one in pretty nice size one bedroom apartment was now crammed into a larger garage size sto rage unit. Memories of my previous independent life became packed away in a  darkened storage unit.  I don't mean to make my moving into a storage unit sound so bad because I did what I had to do to help my sister.  For the time I lived with my sister I was able to help her alot and maintain my storage unit.  But that story is for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment